Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Sunday 13 September 2015

Where is the Faith


At first I found it extremely entertaining to read that there are some individuals who describe Pick n Pay’s – very annoying – Stikeez satanic.
To add to this there are those who say the Charlie-Charlie-game is demonic, with some “victims” of Charlie claiming to have seen the small demon that ruined their lives.
My initial reaction to both was to laugh, but then I sat still and my conservative-self questioned my liberal-self: do we really have so little faith, in ourselves and our creator to believe anything and almost everything is satanic?
I got to answer myself that some individuals will find everything satanic if it does not say Amen Hallelujah to their liking.

Stikeez are not the first toy – nor will it be the last – we also had the Pokemon chips and they were not only way more exciting to play with and collect, they were also cheaper. 
Instead of spending R150 or more at the shop to get one Stikeez, for the Pokemon chips you only had to buy a packet of chips for R1,50 and like a surprise bag in it you get a pokemon.

Charlie is also not the first game to be called demonic, and it won’t be the last. Ironically enough 20 years there was also Pinky. Now I can’t recall everything, but vaguely remember some fellow students telling me Pinky is going to kill us and that I was scared for days. Writing this and thinking about it, reminds me of how silly I was to believe those stories. There was no media coverage for Pinky, and if someone actually died because of it, Riaan Cruywagen and Mariette Kruger would surely have told us in those days…

Back to Stikeez and Charlie……
I did some reading on the Charlie-Charlie game and watched a documentary one afternoon, where someone from the KwaZulu-Natal Science Centre gave a really good scientific answer to the game.
It thus makes me wonder why Charlie cannot just be a game. Why can’t Stikeez just be a toy for kids?
Do we really have so little faith, that we only see [make everything] negative?
Considering almost 80% of South Africa’s 54 million citizens are Christians I expected my fellow Christians to have a little more faith than to classify everything that does not look like an angle as satanic with demonic powers.


No comments:

Post a Comment