Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Tuesday 6 May 2014

It's Time South Africa

Ke Nako South Africa!


Time for 25million+ to arise on 7May and make that all important X - choosing a political party in whose manifesto you believe and who you want to deliver on promises made. Choosing a political party to represent you in the National and Provincial Legislatures.

 

Once voting is done on Wednesday 7May, we will have to live with our collective decision on who will lead us as a nation and in our nine provinces. After the X, we can't say I didn't vote, but should help make our democracy work!

 

Vote with pride and use your vote wisely – I know I will!

 

I hold my ballot paper in my and I stand alone in the ballot box, I will hold my breath for a while and think that no matter how imperfect the democratic process might be, it is a privilege to vote!

 

Although Zuma, Zille, JuJu, Terror, Buthulezi, Kenny, Zanele, Godi, the Mulders & Mamphela might come to mind, I will think of Tata Madiba, Oliver Tambo, Walter and Albertina Sisulu, Helen Suzman, Frederick van Zyl-Slabbert, Dullah Omar, Kader Asmal and the many many others who had to pay the prize for me to enjoy the responsibility to vote!

 

I will think of freedom...

Freedom of expression, of speech, of the press and of association. I will think of human rights, judicial independence and the rule of law. I will think of the rights of minorities of celebrating ethnic diversity and dream of social cohesion. I will think of poverty, social ills such as drug abuse, teenage pregnancy, HIV & Aids and even the stigma against my LGBTI-friends.

 

I will also think of peace and hope that you too will use you vote wisely.

 

Hopefully now you will understand when I say, it will take me more than 5minutes just to make an X in a box!

 

Enjoy the responsibility to vote!

 

Vote with pride and walk out of the polling station knowing that you did the right thing.

 

It is all about the cross!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment