Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Sunday 27 July 2014

Blessed Eid



Our Muslim friends will celebrate Eid ul-Fitr. This Muslim holiday marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Eid in Arabic means “festivity” and Fitr means “breaking (the fast)”. This day celebrates the conclusion of 30days of dawn-to-sunset fasting. 

Muslims are commanded by God in the Qur’an to complete their fast until the last day of Ramadan. 



Eid ul-Fitr has to do with the communal aspects of the fast, which express many of the basic values of the Muslim community like empathy for the poor, charity, worship, steadfastness, patience, love, etc. 

This annual rich tradition from our muslim friends (community) is something all religions can/should adopt. 


To all Muslim friends again a Blessed Eid 


No comments:

Post a Comment