Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Having Faith and to Believe

2010 saw South Africa’s successful hosting of the Soccer World Cup, this despite many critics and media reports that the soccer spectacular might even be handed to another country. A few people had faith and on numerous occasions the President of the Republic of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, world soccer governing body FIFA President and General Secretary, Sepp Blatter and Jerome Valcke, respectively and Chief Executive of the South African 2010 Local Organising Committee, Danny Jordaan repeatedly full of confidence said South Africa will host a successful World Cup.
After a lot of thinking, reading and sleeping it hit me, exactly three months after the soccer show piece ended, they did something, most of us didn’t even think of, they asked to make the World Cup a success, they prayed for hosting a successful show piece and they believed in leaving an ever lasting legacy.
Of all the things that happened during 2010 it’s the lessons it came to taught us we shouldn’t forget, Trust in God.
Questions keeping popping up in my head, how many of us, the citizens of this country believed? How many said it’s not my duty? And even though some might have, possibly the majority did not believe, some did and therefore 2010 will be remembered as the year South Africa as an African nation hosted a successful world cup.
The tournament taught us also that sport can unite, despite our differences, political affiliations, religious denominations, sexual orientations, we can be one.
Whatever we do from this point onward we should always take 2010’s lessons with us, because God promises us, what you ask in my name and you believe in it so shall it be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment