Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Thursday 4 August 2011

I’m coloured and blessed like you

I hear people say I was first too black and now I’m to white, some call me hotnot, others a confuse race, so I’m coloured and proud of it… God created me, just like you.

I read in Genesis 1:27 “God created human beings, making them to be like him. He created them male and female, blessed them.” Now if you say you believe God created us, you also believe he created you to his image, and he blessed you – I should thus be proud of who I am.

Have you ever asked yourself – If I weren’t me, who would I have been?

Growing up might not have been easy, but nor is life and its challenges. Dead, Accidents, Challenges, Sexual orientations, HIV & Aids, Cancer, Love it don’t ask what race you are, it happens.

So what if people call me boesman, its part of my heritage. If it wasn’t part of his plan he wouldn’t have created me the way I am. I’m created “in Jesus Christ to do good works, which God prepared in advance for me to do.” (Ephesians2:10)
We sometimes go through life, like walking in a dark room with uncertainty, but as soon as the light goes on you feel secure.  Why be ashamed of who I am, when I’m created in his image and blessed? We live in a world where almost everything has a label, why can’t I?

At times we don’t know what is right from wrong, if only I turned to the book of life and read Isaiah 48:17 (b) “I am the Lord your God, the one who wants to teach you for your own good and direct you in the way you should go.

Just like death and love, the race card will always happen at any given time. The key lies in being proud of who you are and embracing the true spirit of ubunti – looking past our differences, living the South African motto, ǃke e: ǀxarra ǁke (Unity in Diversity) or as Vicky Sampson sings One Tribe… “We were meant to be as one, one heart, one soul, one tribe under heaven, we are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment