Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Thursday 4 August 2011

Patience, Humility & Spirituality for Ramadan

Our Muslim friends all over started celebrating Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, this week.
Ramadan, which lasts 29 tot 30 days, is the Islamic month of fasting, in which participating Muslims refrain from eating and drinking and is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and spirituality. Muslims fast for the sake of God/Allah and to offer more prayer than usual. Something many others should also opt to do and renew yourself as an individual.
Muslims believe Ramadan to be a promising/lucky month for the revelations of God to humankind, being the month in which the first verses of the Qur’an were revealed.
In the Qur’an, God proclaims that “fasting has been written down as obligatory upon you, as it was upon those before you.”
As we wish our Muslim family a festive Ramadan, let’s renew and revive ourselves as individual in our own religions about patience, humility and spirituality.


No comments:

Post a Comment