Earl September

My photo
I write what ever comes to mind. Real is me and my views/opinion. Be Yourself, be REAL Open-minded young South African who loves to follow South African politics and social issues. I try not to limit myself as I'm capable of more than where I'm now.

Monday 13 January 2014

State of some graves

I recently went to visit my grandma’s grave again, after paying my respects and putting on new flowers I walked around and was kind of shocked at the state the graveyard is in.
Is this really the state of the site where people are suppose to have their final resting place, is what went through my mind.

Wait lemme start again……
The cemetery is on a hill and the infrastructure is of such a nature, when it rains the graves – not can’t but – some wash away.
This is not a problem that was discovered recently and I partially blame the local authorities as they the actual caretaker of the cemetery.
However, majority of the blame I put at the door of those selling you the plots and the undertakers.
Surely if you work with the grave-sites in the cemetery, on a daily basis you know how it looks – it seems as if this is not the case.
While at the cemetery, I noticed that the cross of one of the graves, next to my gran, with the rain and all washed away. A few feet from there the tombstone of another grave is skew as the grave cave in.

So what would the solution be?
Digging up every grave that has been affected and re bury them at plots that won’t wash away? This seems like an answer many would possible suggest.
Laying a loved one to rest is a painful experience and how much would it not be to dig up that person’s grave and re-bury at another spot.
One might not be able to do something about the current graves affected but the local authorities with all other relevant stakeholders can do a study/test on how the water would run and possible build water-walls – even around the graves. One could even say not to bury at the area affected.

Your final resting place is not only where you find peace and comfort, it’s where love-ones can go – but how sad is it to arrive at a grave-site that is either half or washed away.
Hopefully the problem gets fixed before we all washed away.


DO WE REALLY NEED TO PROTECT OUR OWN FINAL RESTING PLACE TO AVOID BEING WASHED AWAY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment